- Graduated from Federal University of Minas Gerais (LL.B., 1964);
- Postgraduate degree on Public Law by the Catholic University of Minas Gerais (2005).
- Retired appeals court judge of the Minas Gerais Court of Appeals (2001/2009);
- Former judge of the Minas Gerais Second Instance Court (1997/2001);
- Former President of Attorneys’ Institute of Minas Gerais (2015/2017);
- Member of the Legal Matters Council of the Commercial Association of Minas Gerais;
- Member of the City Forum for Strategic Matters of the City of Belo Horizonte;
- Former Professor of Civil Procedure and Civil Law at Unifenas;
- Author of the book “Mandado de Segurança” (Writ of Mandamus), published by Del Rey (2000).